Monday, March 1, 2010

Change in Plans

As I continued working on implementing Voice Thread as a digital storyteller, I decided that it didn't work for what I was trying to do. So, after seeing it demonstrated in class, I decided to look into prezi.com instead. I went through the tutorials and tried to think of different ways I could implement this technology in the classroom. One thing I thought of was using it as an outline before drafting a paper or report. This way, the students are creating a visual aid that they can later use when presenting the report to the class. Therefore, they are outlining and making the presentation at the same time.

Here is the lesson plan I created for this idea.

Here is the sample book report I created using the technology.

1 comment:

  1. Emily, great lesson plan and Prezi. The only things missing are some kind of evaluation of the students' outlines (how will you know if they have used the technology well enough to create good enough projects?) and it would have been nice to have had you embed the Prezi directly into your blog, since this technology is easy to do that with. Anyway, if you can get the evaluation component done and email me, I can add some points to your score!

    ReplyDelete